Sign up now to guarantee your family will enjoy fresh, locally grown produce all summer long
When you join our Community Supported Agriculture program, you join your neighbors in supporting local farmers. Thank you for investing in good food, the local economy and healthy eating.
Registrations are now being accepted for the 2019 season
We currently serve Knox and Sullivan counties in Indiana plus Lawrence, Crawford, Cumberland and Wabash counties in Illinois. Pick up sites for our 2019 season will again include locations in Vincennes, Oaktown, Sullivan, Lawrenceville, Robinson, Casey and Mt. Carmel. If you live in an area we don’t already deliver to, then please contact us with your interest.
Free Membership Opportunity!
Don’t see your area in our delivery schedule? Recruit 25 members in your area and we will give YOU a 2019 membership for FREE – a savings of $325.00! Contact us so we can help you bring our CSA program to your friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Are you an employee of Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes or Marathon Refinery in Robinson? Ask your Human Resources department about joining our CSA through your workplace!
2019 Delivery Schedule
(this schedule is subject to change as we finalize more CSA sites)
- No Deliveries
- Marathon 3:30pm – 4:30pm (IL time)
- Robinson at Crawford Memorial Hospital Rural Clinic 5:00pm – 6:00 pm (IL time)
- Oaktown at Melon Acres 1:00pm – 6:00pm
- Casey, IL at Dollars N’Sense 3:30pm – 4:30pm, (IL time)
- Good Samaritan Hospital 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Vincennes at Washington Christian Center 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Lawrenceville at Sally Kirkwood’s Home (Host Site) 3:00pm – 4:30pm (Illinois time)
- Mt. Carmel at Mt. Carmel Elementary School 6:00pm – 7:00 pm (Illinois time)
- Sullivan at Dodd’s Sawmill 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- No Deliveries
- No Deliveries
Our CSA Program begins the week of May 26th! Sign up today!
Members receive a share of fresh produce from the farm every week
The 2019 season begins the week of May 26th and will run for 13 weeks. In the past we have offered 2 different share types, but this year we are offering only one type of share at $25.00 per week. Spots are limited this season so a $25.00 deposit is required when signing up to hold your membership spot. This deposit will be used at the last week of deliveries as your last payment. Sign up today to receive your weekly box of tasty fruits and veggies!
We will no longer be customizing member’s share; however, there will always be additional produce at each delivery location so that members will have the ability to exchange produce if there are fruits and veggies that are not wanted. As all produce is freshly harvested, you’ll receive only what’s in- season and ready to eat. Variety and volume of produce are dependent on weather and may vary from week to week.
A weekly share is only $25.00 or Prepay for only $325.00.
2018 members, ask about our refer a friend discount!
To register, download a CSA membership form here. Mail your completed form, along with payment, to:
Melon Acres CSA, 15105 N. Old 41, Oaktown IN 47561
When we say local, we mean local!
The majority of CSA produce is grown on our farm in Oaktown, Indiana. We occasionally work with select local growers and partners to add diversity to the CSA shares. We always let shareholders know if something has been provided by one of our partners and where that fruit or veggie was grown.
A few of our partner growers:
- Hickory Hill Farm - Lawrenceville, IL
- Specializing in organically-grown garlic, pasture-raised eggs, and much more!
- Grateful Greens - Clarksville, IN
- A hydroponic lettuce and herb farm operating out of an 18,000 square foot greenhouse, growing approximately 35,000 plants.
- Apple Hill Orchard – Bruceville, IN
- Fully trellised apple orchard featuring over 40 apple varieties as well multiple varieties of juicy peaches you’ll find in your late summer shares!